Great Wolf Lodge..One Night is Enough!

12 Aug

We travelled to Great Wolf Lodge last week for the second time.  Last year we went right after Hurricane Irene (we had to delay the trip)  and the kids have literally not. stopped. talking. about this place for the past year.

It’s an indoor water park.  You stay over and the purchase of a room entitles you to admission to the water park.  For someone like me with OCD, it’s really a challenge to let go and let loose at Great Germ Wolf Lodge as we wander around in our bathing suits jammed pack with others, indoor, in a large humid room filled with water and rides and tattoos…lots of tattoos.

But the kids really have a blast.

The drive is only about 2 hours for us with a stop for lunch.  And this stop is the highlight for my husband who always  plans for us to dine at Cracker Barrel.

Waiting for a table…hubby dreaming about grits…kids dreaming about which water slide they’ll ride first!

The way I see it, it is a way for us to fortify ourselves with a big meal to prepare for the physical exertion involved with dragging 3 small children up 20 flights of stairs to the tops of many water rides, many times over!!

I am ever so grateful that there is a Starbucks in the lobby at the Lodge.  I literally become elated when I purchase my chai tea latte, after a night in one room the three bickering monkeys.

Great Wolf has several locations around the U.S.  Have you ever been?

water park wipe out :)

12 Responses to “Great Wolf Lodge..One Night is Enough!”

1. Jennifer Federmann August 13, 2012 at 6:50 am #

My girls love it too – we’ve been twice….I totally agree that one night is enough…especially at those room rates! But since you can go into the park before your room is ready and the next morning…the one night really is plenty!

• Barbara @ Just Another Manic Mommy August 13, 2012 at 3:23 pm #

True Jen. And one our first day after we ate dinner we went back for more and closed the place down at 9. Couldn’t believe it. Next day we put in 2 hours and felt it was enough :)

2. Elana August 13, 2012 at 7:48 am #

That’s where I celebrated turning 40 last summer and where my girl wants to celebrate turning 7 in a month! :) also I loooooove cracker barrel too!!! :)

3. Kristin Barton Cuthriell August 13, 2012 at 7:51 am #

My children love Great Wolf Lodge, but one night is enough for me, too.

4. Rosey August 13, 2012 at 1:29 pm #

Our children love it too, from the toddler to the married one and his wife, lol, and every one in between (we have four). The pic of all your kids sleeping is great!

5. Jen August 14, 2012 at 7:47 am #

My kids are begging to go back too! I have learned to request the top floor so that people are not running above my head at night! (some folks just never go to bed!) I am cracking up about Cracker Barrel! My hubby detours to one no matter where we go!

• Barbara @ Just Another Manic Mommy August 14, 2012 at 4:29 pm #

oooh Jen that’s really a smart request….and here I THOUGHT I was being smart requesting the lobby floor for ease of distance to the water! And about CBarrel…we used to have a map of all of them in our car!!!

6. Baron Von Looksmann August 14, 2012 at 4:03 pm #

I love Cracker Barrel. There is more ink at GWL than Staples! So many slobs flock to that place.