Braceleted Boy

29 Jul

For the first time since I met him almost 7 years ago, my little man is aware of his appearance.  Gone are the days when I could lay out an outfit and find him dressed in it moments later with no questions asked.  He now has certain ideas about what he likes and what he doesn’t like.

One of his likes as of late is bracelets…specifically lacrosse and duct tape.  They seem to be the style around these parts.  The lacrosse bracelets are made from lacrosse laces (with lacrosse being hugely popular here).  And we can’t make a trip to Home Depot these days without relentless begging for more duct tape!

The result is a fair little boy with multicolored arms!

10 Responses to “Braceleted Boy”

1. Doctor Doom July 30, 2012 at 6:34 am #

What happened to silly bands?

2. Elana July 30, 2012 at 6:40 am #

I think a boy that is secure enough to accessorise will go far in life :)

3. Donna Roucoulet July 30, 2012 at 8:43 am #

I love it! My son wears one bracelet constantly (only taking it off for showers & sometimes swimming lessons) – it’s a bracelet that his best friend made him a couple of years ago.

4. Beth July 31, 2012 at 11:23 pm #

Did I count right – 5 different types of duct tape bracelets? What does he do with the leftover roll?

• Barbara @ Just Another Manic Mommy August 1, 2012 at 5:19 pm #

All 3 make bracelets for anyone who comes within 20 feet of them…at our house, at the town pool, at the beach, etc :) We actually run out rather quickly!

5. Author MelindaTripp August 1, 2012 at 7:53 am #

I think they are very cool, what a trend starter!