Golf Lessons x3

16 Jul

My husband plays golf and belongs to a golf club; we often dine there and go to events. The kids love it and have consequently expressed interest in learning how to play golf. (I really want to learn too!)

This is the first “sport” they’ve ever taken all together. The promised me they were truly interested and wanted to be enrolled. My son had received left handed golf clubs as a gift and luckily some generous friends passed down not one but two sets of clubs their children outgrew.

Sunday morning was the first lesson.

It was hot, humid and early and we had a birthday party to go to right after. The twins did okay but the little one threw a fit and said she “hated golf”.

We just couldn’t engage her. And she is the most strong-willed kid I have so I just quit.
The twins seem committed. I’m looking forward to the evolving golf skills!
Do your kids play?

9 Responses to “Golf Lessons x3”

1. Elana July 16, 2012 at 10:03 pm #

Not yet – I’ve just been waiting and wondering when to start our oldest who will be 7 in september so maybe sooner is better than later :)

2. angry dad July 16, 2012 at 10:03 pm #

Golf is a way to get away from family, not spend more time with them!

3. Mary Ann July 16, 2012 at 11:24 pm #

Two of my kids participated in a summer golf league when they were younger. I thought it was great for them. My son still golfs, but my daughter hasn’t golfed for a while. I took lessons a while ago, but my husband said I’m too old to learn now. My hubby sounds like the guy who commented before me, ha!

• Barbara @ Just Another Manic Mommy July 17, 2012 at 8:51 pm #

Sounds like golf lessons could be another addition to your bucket list?! (that guy sounds like my hubby too!) :)

• Mary Ann July 17, 2012 at 11:51 pm #

Maybe some day if I don’t drive the more experienced golfers crazy by being a novice. It can be intimidating out there.

4. Author MelindaTripp July 25, 2012 at 12:36 am #

Wish I had offered my kids trial balloon lessons in golf, as I did with instruments, dance , choir, acting, gymnastics and softball…..we need to remember that life long sports are what kids need to exercise for a lifetime….one of my friends gave her daughter lessons and she coaches at a very high brow private college in San Francisco now!

• Barbara @ Just Another Manic Mommy July 25, 2012 at 9:27 pm #

That’s such a great point and something I am going to keep in mind…thanks Melinda! And that is wonderful about your friend’s daughter :)