Take Your Children to the Library!

26 Jun

Now that I read mostly on my Kindle I don’t frequent the library as much for myself. But I still love taking the kids when they express an interest in something.  I love reading and I am trying to foster it in them. Last year we actually ended up in our community newspaper’s article about summer reading at the library!  (I had no idea we were being photographed.)

Today they took out books on princesses, Little House on the Prairie (daughters new fav) and Star Wars of course.

Then they all went to a yoga program for kids being offered. It gave me 45 minutes to chat with my friend while we waited which was wonderful!

The kids programs at the library are just fabulous. Do you ever take advantage of them?

9 Responses to “Take Your Children to the Library!”

1. Author MelindaTripp June 26, 2012 at 11:10 pm #

Let me thank you for all the teachers your children will have! Fostering a love for the written word early probably is the most reliable predictor of a successful educational career.

2. Mary Ann June 26, 2012 at 11:48 pm #

Today I was thinking about how I miss taking the kids to the library. There were a lot of fun programs there plus we always had to get a stack of books to bring home to read. That’s great that you were in the community newspaper!

3. carolynpageabc June 27, 2012 at 12:19 am #

My daughter and I were in a park in a country town many years ago; we had our two Shih Tzu dogs with us… A journo/photographer was there taking pics. The next week there was the most gorgeous pic of my daughter and the two dogs near the pond looking at the ducks. It was a lovely surprise…! Your post just reminded me how precious those days are with your children and how precious and necessary to steal away and also enjoy the company of other adults…. ;) Great post….

• Barbara @ Just Another Manic Mommy June 27, 2012 at 9:38 pm #

That sounds lovely! I really appreciate your comments. The days are precious and writing about them helps me to keep that in focus. Thank you!

• carolynpageabc June 27, 2012 at 11:12 pm #

You’re welcome…. Motherhood is so many things including a lot of hard work…. ;)

4. alenaslife June 27, 2012 at 10:01 am #

We LOVE our local library. My boys are quickly racking up prizes in the summer reading program.
    By the way, I’ve enjoyed following your posts and I nominated you for a Reader Appreciation Award on my blog today. http://alenaslife.wordpress.com/2012/06/27/its-great-to-feel-appreciated/