Hey We Were In Florida

13 Apr

We just got back from our annual trip to Florida…no not Disney but good old Boca Raton.

The kids were great on the plane, what a difference from past years.  They were so excited to arrive and indulged me by posing in this little set up in the airport while their dad was stuck grabbing our fifty bags.

My in-laws have an amazing, spacious ocean front condo that they reside in for half the year.  The view is so amazing that you don’t even need to leave the apartment to have your breath taken away.

But we really didn’t spend tons of time inside.  We had all sorts of plans to go here and there and see this and that.  Instead we spent 10 days frolicking in the pool and the gorgeous ocean.

The kids loved spending Easter in sunny Florida.  There were lots of other children visiting and one of our local friends (down in Florida at the same time) came out to see us one day too!

Is it even necessary for me to express how depressed I am being back home!!?

And, I haven’t kick-boxed in 2 weeks…I know I am going to be ravaged with pain when I get back to it this weekend!

9 Responses to “Hey We Were In Florida”

1. Elana April 13, 2012 at 12:29 am #

We left Florida Sunday afternoon so I’m wondering if we were in the same state briefly? very cute postcard pic :)

2. Beth April 13, 2012 at 12:30 am #

My breath is taken away by the ocean view. Dreaming of a vacation that involves warmth and the beach…

3. Rosey April 13, 2012 at 12:55 am #

I took a cute couple’s picture for them in front of that very postcard display back in December. :) Your trip looks fun and the pics are great!

• Barbara @ Just Another Manic Mommy April 13, 2012 at 10:02 am #

That’s wild Rosey! I love West Palm airport and I thought it was great that the display was available. I can’t imagine something like that in one of our dumpy NY airports.
      Thanks!

4. Author MelindaTripp April 13, 2012 at 10:37 am #

How wonderful! Two weeks from today we leave the puppies in the capable housitter’s hands, grab the kids and grand kids and head for Hawaii! Your pictures of the pool and ocean and fun are everything I am hoping for….we are treating my daughters family, they are having their tenth anniversary and her 30th birthday…..my grand kids are so excited!
    So happy you had safe travels!

• Barbara @ Just Another Manic Mommy April 13, 2012 at 10:54 am #

oh Hawaii…..I’m jealous! We were there on our honeymoon and my 10th anniversary is in Oct. Maybe we’ll get treated too (hint hint mom!)!
      We did have safe, fun travels and hope you do too…thanks!

• Author MelindaTripp April 13, 2012 at 11:18 am #

thanks! Gosh I love that ocean pic with you and the kids! I hope to copy that pose with my daughter and the little ones, 5 and 2 1/2…..