Clover Clamor

29 Mar

The little one is obsessed with everything associated with St Patrick’s Day.  She may look like a little Irish step dancer but there’s not an Irish bone in her.  She is constantly on the lookout for rainbows, pots of gold, clovers and specifically four-leaf clovers…claiming at least weekly to have found one.

Well ladies and gentleman, today my little peanut actually found a four-leaf clover!  I don’t even think I’ve ever seen a real one in my life!!  According to Wikipedia for every 10,000 3-leaf clovers there is 1 4-leaf clover.

"I wish for a Lego Death Star and toy cookies."

Like a typical big brother, the little big man quickly snatched it from her and started feverishly making wishes on it. That freakin Lego Death Star.  It’s a constant begged for item though I’ve told little man that there is no way we, or Santa, or any relatives will EVER be gifting  a hunk of Lego to him for $399.99.  I guess it can’t hurt to wish!

Here’s hoping the 4-leaf clover brings my little one some good luck though.  She’s been so sick for several weeks with chronic sinusitis, capped off by a visit to the emergency room on Monday night after she had a bad allergic reaction to her latest antibiotic.

Have you ever found a 4-leaf clover?

12 Responses to “Clover Clamor”

1. Author MelindaTripp March 29, 2012 at 6:45 pm #

Hi, LUCKY YOU, You have two!
    Have you tried the sinus rinse? I use it, and my grandaughter finds it totally intrigueing, apparently there is a private school in New York that has every kid rinse their noses before school and they just got used to it, I have not had a sinus infection since I began…..and they were talking surgery, I have had them for thirty four years!

• Barbara @ Just Another Manic Mommy March 30, 2012 at 12:12 pm #

Are you talking about the Neti pot? I tried it once but it kind of freaked me out! Also I read somewhere that people were getting brain infections from them….but maybe you’re talking about something else?

• Author MelindaTripp March 30, 2012 at 8:28 pm #

It was my doctor who suggested this, I think you should google Dr. Oz showing it off…..he really made it seem super simple, not like water torture…….
        I’m getting super results. If the cutie thinks she is rinsing her nose she might not be nervous…..
        I would draw a picture for her of the inside of her nose and then trace how the water comes in this side and out this side….I am really better, no joke. For me this was my last stand before surgery.

• Barbara @ Just Another Manic Mommy March 30, 2012 at 8:49 pm #

i’ll check it out…thanks!

• Papa Eddie April 1, 2012 at 2:38 pm #

Loved the blog. Finding a four leaf clover is such a thrill. I once took a three leaf clover and split one of the leafs; but that was really cheating and it was so obvious

• Barbara @ Just Another Manic Mommy April 1, 2012 at 3:01 pm #

i’ve done that too!

2. elana March 29, 2012 at 6:51 pm #

have they enjoyed a cool minty shamrock shake this spring? :)

3. Doctor Doom March 29, 2012 at 8:42 pm #

My whole life I’ve been searching for one. Until I see one picked from the ground in person, I still won’t believe they exist! Lucky little SOB!

4. Beth March 29, 2012 at 10:50 pm #

Hope the good luck does bring a cure for all the ickies! She must be very observant to find the 4 leaf clover.