Potty Mouths

18 May

Oh boy, I haven’t even written this post yet and I know I’m going to hear it from my mother.

So here it is.  My 3 monkeys new favorite thing to do is run around the house yelling,

BUTT, PENIS AND VAGINA!!!!!!!!!!

Then, they gather around my daughter, the artist, who, with her dry erase board, proceeds to draw each body part, through giggles and excitement.  Once they are drawn one of  the kids volunteers to reveal the real body part.

My husband’s response:  (angrily directed at me) “do something!”

My response: steady silence (for the video camera balanced in my hand) interrupted by uncontrollable laughter.  Then composure and a discussion about those parts, and the talk and art work about them needing to being private.

That was the first time.  Now I have to firmly cut them off and say “No potty mouth!”

So, who else has butt, penis, and vagina obsessed kids?

12 Responses to “Potty Mouths”

1. Monica May 18, 2011 at 8:47 pm #

lol that’s hilarious. Hope it ends soon for your sake. Mine has been obsessed w/ poop for a long time now. “I’ll poop on you” “I’ll poop my pants”. etc. He’s 3 and he’s totally potty trained. I blame myself because instead of swearing I kept saying “oh poop” and laughing and joking.. that was a looong time ago though and he’s still at it. Hoping he’ll have stopped before he goes to school!

2. Deborah the Closet Monster May 18, 2011 at 11:19 pm #

Tee-hee! Li’l D’s far too young to know these words yet, but I doubt I’ll miss the body-parts-are-funny phase. :D

WIN!

3. Jen Smith May 19, 2011 at 6:54 am #

I feel your pain (but love that you videotaped this!). Farting and burping have taken over my sons’ worlds. It is worse during school car pools because that is all anyone in the car talks about!

4. Baron Von Looksmann May 19, 2011 at 9:00 am #

@ Jen Smith: For men Burping & Farting will always be FUNNY! I love those car rides!

As for the body parts, they will outgrow that. Most people will look down their noses when they hear your kids rant about B/P/V in public (The sneer means they think you are a bad parent). Meanwhile if their brats said it they would want your understanding on the matter.
    F’ing hypocrites!

5. Dr. Doom May 19, 2011 at 11:10 am #

As long as they don’t pull that nonsense at school you’ll be fine.

6. Mary June 8, 2011 at 9:57 pm #

My favorite is picturing Jeff’s red face saying ” do something”… hahaaaa