I was going to write about a doctor’s appointment I had today, but then I saw this article:
And now I can’t think about anything else.
Give your children and loved ones big hugs today. We all have gripes and complaints that can be all-consuming. It’s hard not to get caught up in negativity sometimes. But right now in this moment, make an effort to stop and to appreciate your wonderful life. Say thank you even.
Here is what I am grateful for right at this moment:
- My 3-year-old decked out in her Cinderella costume, giggling.
- My 5-year-old kissing me awake this morning at 6 a.m. to tell me I look “cute”.
- My husband’s beautiful x-ray of his repaired neck.
- My son wanting to hold my hand as we walked to the bus stop this morning.
- The sun shining.
- A friend thanking me this morning with a hug.
- My daughter shouting “that looks just like mommy!” when she saw Kendra Wilkinson on Dancing With the Stars :) (okay I know but really I AM grateful that she sees her mom like that!)
In all seriousness there is power in gratitude. Start now.
What are you thankful for?
(And check out this book if you need more inspiration.)